SoB Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offical Something Beautiful forum. Discuss whatever it is that you want to discuss!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bass Players Unite!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Crystalman85

Bass Players Unite! Empty
PostSubject: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:54 am

Hey everybody...I'm new to the site. I notice that there's a guitar players unite thread, but there's no bass players unite thread. but just in case there isn't one, I'll start one. If you're a bass player, this is your spot. you can talk about what bass guitar you play and what bass gear you use(amps, cabs, effects, etc.). anybody who plays bass, here's your thread.

I play schecter, ibanez and dean basses. I currently used a korg 'toneworks' Processor. and I play through gallien-krueger amplifiers.

Last edited by Crystalman85 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Furious Ric

Furious Ric

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Listen, welcome to the board and all...but if you expect me to remain silent when a guy introduces himself as a bass player and capitalizes every single word, well I just don't know what to say.

Other than, use proper capitalization...PEOPLE!

Paul
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:41 pm

Way to scare people into not posting Ric

(Ok I laughed way too hard when I read that... but still!) The Joker
Back to top Go down
Furious Ric

Furious Ric

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:44 pm

The Matt Wolf wrote:
Way to scare people into not posting Ric

(Ok I laughed way too hard when I read that... but still!) The Joker

Well, as I've been told many times in my life...

Fuck 'Em If They Can't Take A Joke.

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:52 pm

Fair enough...

Game on!!!
Bass Players Unite! Wayne05
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:54 pm

Okay, so I take it that this is a guitar players only type of site. if that's the case, I'll post a guitar related thread just to make it up to you guys. and for the record, there's more to me than just being a bass player.

Last edited by Crystalman85 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:45 pm

Justin plays bass. I'm sure he will post in here too.

Ric doesn't play anything but the "Skin Flute", but we keep him around anyway!
Back to top Go down
FullMetalJustin
Admin
FullMetalJustin

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:47 pm

Yes, I play bass. I just listed all of my equipment in the last Radio Fee USoB!
Back to top Go down
http://www.denythepain.com
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:19 am

Alright...rock on,dude! \m/...and that's not nice calling someone an sob unless you ment to say you something beautiful. Laughing

Get it.

Last edited by Crystalman85 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:17 am

Furious Ric wrote:
Listen, welcome to the board and all...but if you expect me to remain silent when a guy introduces himself as a bass player and capitalizes every single word, well I just don't know what to say.

Other than, use proper capitalization...PEOPLE!

Paul

Sorry about that, dude. force of habit. I did start editing my posts just to make it up to you guys.

Last edited by Crystalman85 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:52 am

If there's anymore bass players on this site, feel free to post in and join in on the fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:49 pm

I forgot to mention you can also discuss what bass gear you've recently tried out. I've tried out acoustic bass combos at a guitar center. I've tested one of those bass combos with an ibanez sr505. it actually has a pretty cool sound. I can easily see why everyone at talkbass and dean forum praises these amps. they like the bass heavy sound it delivers.
Back to top Go down
Hush

Hush

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:57 pm

I used to play bass back in the day. I still have my Dean, and I still love it!! But, I'm not good enough to call myself a "bass player".

On Saturday, I'm getting together with my old band to jam. We haven't played together in a long time. It's going to be a painful weekend! I can't wait!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/nikihush
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:48 am

I play dean basses too. it's okay if your skills aren't good enough. at least you have some experience of playing bass. what kind of music did you play when you use to play bass?
Back to top Go down
Hush

Hush

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 2:24 pm

I used to be in a rock band, called No 55. We were a three piece band, only me, the drummer, and the guitarist/singer. Our songs were fun to play, and I would like to think they were somewhat entertaining to listen to. We did a rock cover of a Bosnian folk song, sung it in Bosnian, even!! And our little band photos were hilarious!! I'll post them up here, if I ever get around to finding them. What fun we had! We never really pursued it seriously, it was mostly for fun. We played our friend's birthday party. We made crappy demos using Acid Pro 3. Haha!

Well, then we all got out of college, and got jobs. And spouses. And there goes all our jamming time. But tomorrow, we are getting together to jam again! And I am NOT recording that inevitable train wreck!!! Should be a good time, tho.
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:35 pm

That's cool. I play in three bands. two bands I'm bassist and back-up vocalist and one band I'm lead singer and bassist. the two bands where I'm bassist and back-up vocalist would be a metal band called I.A.M.B(which is my brother's band) and a hard rock band called power junkie. the one band where I'm the lead singer/bassist of the band would be my side-project temptation's wings. recently, I've kept myself occupied with my side-project. I've been writing and recording music. I did post two songs on my myspace website and more music will be posted on the site real soon. in case you're wondering what my side-project temptation's wings sounds like, I would say my side-project sounds like a blending of white zombie and black label society.
Back to top Go down
Hush

Hush

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:29 pm

Cool! I saw Power Junkie, you guys rocked! So I will definitely check out your other projects. Wink
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:05 pm

Feel free to visit the myspace website of my side-project temptation's wings and enjoy the music.

www.myspace.com/twchicago

I wonder if I should mention my side-project on the shameless promotion thread.
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:18 am

There's some new tracks posted on the temptation's wings myspace website. feel free to check it out. also I'm currently working on a temptation's wing album(I know I've already mentioned this on the shameless promotion thread, but I feel like mentioning it on this thread too). the album will be entitled "Master of seduction" and it'll be released real soon.
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:23 am

On the topic of bass gear I've tried out, I recently purchased a rocktron utopia b100 bass multi-effects processor. It's a different but a cool sounding multi-effects processor. I will be posting a review on it on the music section.
Back to top Go down
Hush

Hush

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:20 am

Crystalman85 wrote:
On the topic of bass gear I've tried out, I recently purchased a rocktron utopia b100 bass multi-effects processor. It's a different but a cool sounding multi-effects processor. I will be posting a review on it on the music section.

Nice! I can't wait to hear about how it is!!! I'm going to eventually get a chorus pedal for my bass, not sure which one, tho
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Here's a few chorus pedals that sounds awesome on bass.

Boss ce-5
Boss ceb-3
boss ce-20
Danelectro fab chorus
Danelectro cool cat chorus(the new one)
Digitech xbc bass multi-chorus pedal
Digitech "hardwire" stereo chorus
Electro-harmonix clone theory
Ibanez cf-7 chorus/flanger pedal
Ibanez cs-9 chorus pedal
Rocktron deep blue chorus
Rocktron tsunami chorus

Hope this helps you out, hush. many of these chorus pedals were recommended by members of talkbass.
Back to top Go down
Hush

Hush

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:38 pm

Thanks! I'll check those out!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Anytime, hush.
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 1:57 am

Recent update on my band temptation's wings...the master of seduction album is almost complete. I just need to record a few more tracks and then the album is done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bass Players Unite!   Bass Players Unite! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bass Players Unite!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next