SoB Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offical Something Beautiful forum. Discuss whatever it is that you want to discuss!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Songs About Angels

Go down 
+8
FullMetalJustin
Sen
Abstrakt
RevArielle
SoBDale
Tabi
Beebaboo
The Matt Wolf
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Hush

Hush

Songs About Angels - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 1:55 pm

SoBDale wrote:

I wonder how mad these guys are gonna get at me when they find out that i'm currently trying to write a song thet clocks in at over an hour...

Wow, that would be chaotic to track and mix! That's like five endings!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/nikihush
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:38 am

Wow what an awesome guitar:
Songs About Angels - Page 5 Img3478rt6

Songs About Angels - Page 5 Img3480vn8[/quote]

That is an awesome looking guitar. it's a schecter damien 7-string guitar. I wonder if dale will start gigging with that guitar. that would be so cool if he did.
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:48 am

Actually it's my guitar he was borrowing til he got a new one. He did buy a new Schecter... cant remember the model though. He also fixed his old Schecter with the SoB logo on it.
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 3:45 am

The Matt Wolf wrote:
Actually it's my guitar he was borrowing til he got a new one. He did buy a new Schecter... cant remember the model though. He also fixed his old Schecter with the SoB logo on it.

Oh, that's your guitar, matt?...that's a nice looking guitar. I was wondering. how do you like that guitar so far?

Do you have a picture of dale's new schecter guitar?...if you do, I can help you identify the model. I do remember dale's old schecter guitar. the one that has the something beautiful sticker on it. that's a schecter avenger 7-string guitar.I have the same guitar. only mine is in a metallic green finish. sounds awesome. I use it when I record guitar parts for my side-project "temptation's wings". and I have a schecter stiletto elite 5-string bass(which is what I play in my side-project). in my opinion, schecter makes awesome guitars and bass guitars. Cool
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 7:51 am

Yep its mine.

I like it alot. it has a great clean tone. On Songs About Angels in 'Holding On' in the middle clean section Dale used my guitar along with his John Pettrucci (RIP Guitar...)to record that part.

I don't use it alot though. Still having a rough time making the transition... i guess i need to work harder on making a 7 string feel natural to me. I use it to play Amon Amarth songs and just ignore the high E string... saves the down-tuning.

I don't have a picture yet, but i'll see if i can find Dale this weekend and have him post a picture.
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 7:01 pm

The Matt Wolf wrote:
Yep its mine.

I like it alot. it has a great clean tone. On Songs About Angels in 'Holding On' in the middle clean section Dale used my guitar along with his John Pettrucci (RIP Guitar...)to record that part.

I don't use it alot though. Still having a rough time making the transition... i guess i need to work harder on making a 7 string feel natural to me. I use it to play Amon Amarth songs and just ignore the high E string... saves the down-tuning.

I don't have a picture yet, but i'll see if i can find Dale this weekend and have him post a picture.

That's cool, matt. I don't have a digital camera or anything, but here's a picture of my schecter bass.

Songs About Angels - Page 5 Schecter_ELITE5_BCH

Last edited by Crystalman85 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:45 pm

Wow thats sweet!

I love how the saddles are separate from each other. That's the first thing I look for in a bass! hahaha
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:25 pm

Indeed it is a sweet bass. it's got a thick, solid sound. this is the bass guitar I mainly play in my side-project temptation's wings. speaking of that, I'm currently working on some tunes for my side-project and they'll be posted on myspace real soon. said it before and I'll say it again...schecter makes awesome guitars and bass guitars. I definitely recommend them.
Back to top Go down
Sen

Sen

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:10 am

ooooOOOOOooo that is one perty gee-tar sir.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:29 am

Thank you very much. I own this bass for a few years and it sounds awesome. Cool
Back to top Go down
FullMetalJustin
Admin
FullMetalJustin

PostSubject: New Review from metal-observer.com   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:57 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.denythepain.com
Hush

Hush

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:05 pm

NICE!!!!!!! I don't think they said one single bad thing!! This review didn't seem to have a problem with the sequenced drums, in fact it seemed like sequenced drums were a positive thing. I also like how they kept referring to Dale and Justin as "the two Americans". And they didn't mention anything about the recording or mixes, which means ! did my job correctly. Good for that, kinda keeps my confidence from wavering... which has been happening just a little, since I am no longer with National Studios... anyhow, great review!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/nikihush
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 2:47 am

I wonder if there will be a thread on favorite songs from songs about angels?...I think that there should be one since there's so many great tunes on the album.

F.Y.I: I dig the tunes I'll never tell, daughter of god, and holding on. Headbang
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 9:50 am

Ok thread made!
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 8:20 pm

Awesome! Cool

By the way, matt. I've seen dale's new guitar. I was at his rehearsal spot the other day. it's a schecter revenger 7 string guitar. it looks virtually identical to the schecter avenger guitar. there's only one noticable difference between the schecter avenger and the schecter revenger. the avenger has a sorta round surface on the body. and the revenger has a flat surface on the body. both guitars are equipped with seymour duncan pick ups and they provide awesome sounds. also I've noticed dale's new multi-effects processor. it's a zoom. I'm guessing that dale enjoys using zoom processors.
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:50 pm

Yea Dale has almost always used Zoom pedals. When we all worked at We Are Music on Irving and Major thats really the only brand of effects pedals they sold. Plus I like the way they sound. too bad they arent built sturdier
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:25 am

The old zoom pedals were made of plastic. which would explain why they aren't built sturdier. but the new zoom pedals(except for the g1 and the b1) are built strong because it's made of metal. personally, I like korg processors. korg does make multi-effects processors under the name toneworks. I bought one of their multi-effects processors for bass and it sounds awesome. I use it when I record music and when I perform live with the bands that I play in. korg processors has a large variety of effects, amp and cab models. they got good sound quality and they're affordable. I definitely recommend korg "toneworks" processors to anyone who wants to try something new.
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:00 pm

For those curious about korg "toneworks" processors visit the korg website. www.korg.com

here's the multi-effects processor I own. http://www.korg.com/Product.aspx?pd=242

and here's the guitar version of my multi-effects processor. http://www.korg.com/Product.aspx?pd=235

if you're interested in purchasing any of these multi-effects processors, you can purchase them at sweetwater or sam ash.
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:58 am

Any comments on korg processors?
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:06 am

Never tried them, but please move gear comments to the gear section of the board. We want to keep this thread about Songs About Angels. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:10 am

You're right. I should probably discuss this on the music section of the site. on another note, state of being and songs about angels sounds awesome. do you think the guys are planning on making a third album?
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:28 am

I sure hope so!
Back to top Go down
FullMetalJustin
Admin
FullMetalJustin

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:11 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.denythepain.com
Furious Ric

Furious Ric

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:44 pm

FullMetalJustin wrote:
Someone else GETS it!!!

~bc blonde™️~MUEN Magazine Songs About Angels Review

Track 9 – Laydown (written by Dale Tippett Jr.)

I love this one! It’s an all hammer and nails show! It has a fast pace that you quickly learn because you have no other choice. The gang vocals rock in this one. It would be a loss to oneself to not have a listen because it’s sick as fuck lyrically. And there is something slightly sexy about her death in this song. Like I said this CD has a demented, murderous base. Bon appetite!

lol!
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:00 pm

Furious Ric wrote:
FullMetalJustin wrote:
Someone else GETS it!!!

~bc blonde™️~MUEN Magazine Songs About Angels Review

Track 9 – Laydown (written by Dale Tippett Jr.)

I love this one! It’s an all hammer and nails show! It has a fast pace that you quickly learn because you have no other choice. The gang vocals rock in this one. It would be a loss to oneself to not have a listen because it’s sick as fuck lyrically. And there is something slightly sexy about her death in this song. Like I said this CD has a demented, murderous base. Bon appetite!

lol!

All I got out of reading that (since I cant read the review at work because Myspace is blocked) is that the gang vocals are sexy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs About Angels   Songs About Angels - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs About Angels
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next