SoB Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offical Something Beautiful forum. Discuss whatever it is that you want to discuss!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite song from Songs About Angels

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

Favorite song from Songs About Angels Empty
PostSubject: Favorite song from Songs About Angels   Favorite song from Songs About Angels I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 9:50 am

Due to popular demand... ok fine one request (but a good one at that!) here is the thread to post your favorite song(s) off of Songs About Angels. If you wanna say why too that works for me!
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Songs About Angels   Favorite song from Songs About Angels I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 9:52 am

This is tough for me! Its like picking your favorite child/cat....

Im gonna have to say Holding On is my favorite. It was the first SoB song that stuck in my head and really drew me in. Of course I like them all, but that's my favorite.

I'd like to know which is Justin and Dale's favorite....
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Songs About Angels   Favorite song from Songs About Angels I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 8:30 pm

This too is a tough one for me. if I have to choose one, I would say either daughter of god or holding on. they're both awesome tunes and they're definitely one of something beautiful's best work.
Back to top Go down
Abstrakt

Abstrakt

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Songs About Angels   Favorite song from Songs About Angels I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:57 am

For me, it's either Dreams about your Skin, Daughter of God, or Pleasnt Dreams.

Yeah, picking just one is impossible.
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Songs About Angels   Favorite song from Songs About Angels I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:28 am

Abstrakt wrote:
For me, it's either Dreams about your Skin, Daughter of God, or Pleasnt Dreams.

Yeah, picking just one is impossible.

Indeed choosing one is impossible. especially since there's so many great tunes on the album.
Back to top Go down
Hush

Hush

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Songs About Angels   Favorite song from Songs About Angels I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:41 pm

Without a doubt, my absolute favorite song is To Those Whose Love of God Has Gone Away. I like how Dale comes in with "Do they really think they'll ever find me.....". Fucking awesome!!! Smile

A close second is I'll Never Tell.

Of course, I love all the other songs as well. Dreams About Your Skin is really well written, for example. Also, the gang vocals on Lay Down are great! And no, I am not being sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/nikihush
Beebaboo

Beebaboo

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Songs About Angels   Favorite song from Songs About Angels I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 3:08 pm

My favorite has got to be 'Crimson & Violet' by far. I've even been transcribing the song by ear so that I can play along with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facehttps://www.facebook.com/Beebaboo?ref=profile
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Songs About Angels   Favorite song from Songs About Angels I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:49 pm

Hush wrote:
Without a doubt, my absolute favorite song is To Those Whose Love of God Has Gone Away. I like how Dale comes in with "Do they really think they'll ever find me.....". Fucking awesome!!! Smile

A close second is I'll Never Tell.

Of course, I love all the other songs as well. Dreams About Your Skin is really well written, for example. Also, the gang vocals on Lay Down are great! And no, I am not being sarcastic.

To those whose love of god has gone away is indeed an awesome song. I'll never tell was the first song I heard from something beautiful. my brother had a demo cd from them and this song was the first track. sounds pretty cool. daughter of god was also on the demo cd. That song is definitely a masterpiece. said it before and I'll say it again, definitely one of something's beautiful's best work.
Back to top Go down
Hush

Hush

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Songs About Angels   Favorite song from Songs About Angels I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:25 pm

O
Crystalman85 wrote:

To those whose love of god has gone away is indeed an awesome song. I'll never tell was the first song I heard from something beautiful. my brother had a demo cd from them and this song was the first track. sounds pretty cool. daughter of god was also on the demo cd. That song is definitely a masterpiece. said it before and I'll say it again, definitely one of something's beautiful's best work.

When it was time to mix Daughter Of God, I was nervous, because Dale told me it was the first song he and Justin wrote as SoB. I didn't want to disappoint them. But it turned out okay. I don't see Pro Tools in my head when I listen to it.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/nikihush
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Songs About Angels   Favorite song from Songs About Angels I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:50 am

Hush wrote:
O
Crystalman85 wrote:

When it was time to mix Daughter Of God, I was nervous, because Dale told me it was the first song he and Justin wrote as SoB. I didn't want to disappoint them. But it turned out okay. I don't see Pro Tools in my head when I listen to it.

You did a pretty good job mixing and mastering the song on the album. here's an interesting fact about the something beautiful demo cd. they did a cover of duran duran's rio. the way they did it sounds heavy and it has a nice groove to it. you know in the original, there's a saxophone solo. on the something beautiful version, you hear dale saying "there won't be any saxophone solos". I thought that was hilarious when he said that. anyways, the songs about angels album sounds awesome. Cool
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Songs About Angels   Favorite song from Songs About Angels I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:04 am

Agreed.

Also I love that cover of Rio as well. Thankfully there isn't a sax solo, cuz that is a boring solo in the original.
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Songs About Angels   Favorite song from Songs About Angels I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:14 pm

Oh, you know about that cover. but yeah, true. saxophone solos can be boring. those solos are more suitable for like 80s music or jazz. I thought it was hilarious when dale said "there won't any saxophone solos" when they recorded the cover song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Songs About Angels   Favorite song from Songs About Angels I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite song from Songs About Angels
Page 1 of 1