SoB Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offical Something Beautiful forum. Discuss whatever it is that you want to discuss!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The band before they were the band...

Go down 
+5
Hush
specialed
FullMetalJustin
The Matt Wolf
Furious Ric
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Furious Ric

Furious Ric

The band before they were the band... Empty
PostSubject: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 7:04 pm

So a few weeks ago Matt and I got into an "argument," as if we were a couple of jealous ex-girlfriends. I think I was making fun of him for being the band's unofficial roadie/photographer/groupie, and then I commented on how I've known them since before they were Something Beautiful. Matt responded with something along the lines of, "Yeah, but you were gone for like 7 years." Well, here's proof that I've known Justin and Dale since they were half of Dark Ritual. Here's a picture of the band when they came to WLUW to do my radio

The band before they were the band... Dark_r11
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:19 pm

Fine you have a picture of them from years ago... Dale tuned my guitar in 2000-01! My name is also on the Frayed CD thanks list.

Also I have been to almost 40 shows so... Yea I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal.People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
Back to top Go down
Furious Ric

Furious Ric

PostSubject: Re: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:31 pm

The Matt Wolf wrote:
Fine you have a picture of them from years ago... Dale tuned my guitar in 2000-01! My name is also on the Frayed CD thanks list.

Also I have been to almost 40 shows so... Yea I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal.People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Yes, but I gave them the exposure that only a weekly, midnight-2 a.m. low powered college radio station show can give a band. I also traveled to Janesville, Wisconsin to see them.

Plus, we have the same number of pre-orders. I think we're going to end up getting into a pre-order war.
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:44 pm

This argument could tear the universe apart!

I will rule the East side and you will rule the West Side Chapter of the SoB Fan Club
Back to top Go down
Furious Ric

Furious Ric

PostSubject: Re: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:41 am

The Matt Wolf wrote:
This argument could tear the universe apart!

I will rule the East side and you will rule the West Side Chapter of the SoB Fan Club

This is going to end up like a biker gang war.
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:42 am

The band before they were the band... WestSideStoryThe band before they were the band... West460

This is more like it...
Back to top Go down
FullMetalJustin
Admin
FullMetalJustin

PostSubject: Re: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:01 pm

I think he said "Biker Gang War" not "Gay Gang War"...
Back to top Go down
http://www.denythepain.com
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:55 pm

We need to make these patches then for our leather jackets:

The band before they were the band... East

The band before they were the band... Westm
Back to top Go down
Furious Ric

Furious Ric

PostSubject: Re: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:58 pm

The Matt Wolf wrote:
We need to make these patches then for our leather jackets:

The band before they were the band... East

The band before they were the band... Westm

We'd need to get leather jackets first, wouldn't we?
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:02 pm

... and you wonder why a war is going to break out!!!!

At least you didnt knock the patches themselves...yet
Back to top Go down
specialed

PostSubject: Re: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:21 pm

Poor J everyones in love with dale hahaha j\k
Back to top Go down
Hush

Hush

PostSubject: Re: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:06 pm

I absolutely love Dale's denim jacket!! I love you I used to have one just like it, minus the rips. I wore a quilted flannel under it in the winter. I love 1995!!! I love you
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/nikihush
Beebaboo

Beebaboo

PostSubject: Re: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:42 pm

I also have a denim Jacket! I'm gonna be wearing it to Edguy pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facehttps://www.facebook.com/Beebaboo?ref=profile
Hush

Hush

PostSubject: Re: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:58 pm

That's cool. I should bust mine out, for old times sake!!
Back to top Go down
SoBDale

SoBDale

PostSubject: Re: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:49 am

Who thinks I should find the jacket and wear it to the EdGuy show?

this is the best thread ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.denythepain.com
Hush

Hush

PostSubject: Re: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 1:51 pm

If you wear your jacket, I'll wear mine!!
Back to top Go down
Abstrakt

Abstrakt

PostSubject: Re: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:38 pm

Hmm, letssee... I don't have any pictures, because it was so long ago, but I first met Dale when I was fifteen... That's right, FIFTEEN. Seven, going on eight years ago. At a convention in Kentucky, called Sugoicon. When he was the guitarist for a band called SWEK.

My then pseudo-boyfriend had caught a drumstick and wanted Dale to sign it, as he was.. well.. in the band. And, being dressed like a catgirl with a collar and leash (Shut up... It was a stupid costume) Dale told him "Well, let me hold on to your catgirl, and you go get a pen, and I'll sign your drumstick"

Thus, Dale and I were introduced.

Weird, yes, shut up. Now moving on.

I think it was three or four years later at Ohayocon, I was having a drink with a good friend of mine, Chris, and, he starts talking to this long haired guy who was in the Voices For band.

Holy shit, it's Dale~

That same year, back at Sugoicon, guess who I ran into again.

FUCKING RIGHT~ DALE

I just can't get away from this fucker, so, I decided to make the best of it.

Nah, just kidding. Dale's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sen

Sen

PostSubject: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:58 pm

Hmm I believe it was 2001 for me also,

I remember they played as SWEK and I remember that Justin and me both hated suits!!! LOL I also remember the many nights on dales back porch thinking of ways to take over the world.

I guess I might not be the oldest Smile but eh I've been around for a bit.

You guys are all cool in my book Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The band before they were the band...   The band before they were the band... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The band before they were the band...
Page 1 of 1