SoB Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offical Something Beautiful forum. Discuss whatever it is that you want to discuss!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shameless Promotion!

Go down 
+4
Beebaboo
RevArielle
IAMB_JOHNNY
The Matt Wolf
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hush

Hush

Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:23 pm

Okay, so in a few weeks if that, I will no longer be working at National Studios. I won't bore you with the details, but I want out!! I'm going into business for myself. I will be setting up a mixing room at my house, and I will be taking on mostly mix projects. If need be, I can come to your practice spot to track your band, then take the tracks home to mix. I'm good, I mixed Songs About Angels. Contact me for all the details! nikihush@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/nikihush
Hush

Hush

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:43 pm

Time to call my clients and tell them they have to drive out to Aurora from now on, if they want to keep working with me. Of course, that's just for the clients who respect my time and my work. The majority of them can kiss my fat white ass, and peace out. Fucking gangsta wannabee rappers...
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:45 am

Hush wrote:
Time to call my clients and tell them they have to drive out to Aurora from now on, if they want to keep working with me. Of course, that's just for the clients who respect my time and my work. The majority of them can kiss my fat white ass, and peace out. Fucking gangsta wannabee rappers...

I take it that you want rockers on your recording label. someone that plays hard rock and heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
Hush

Hush

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:25 pm

Of course I want to work with bands. I play in a band myself. I have been listening to metal ever since I was a kid. My favorite bands include Pantera, Fear Factory, Hypocrisy, and Carcass. I was queen of the mosh pit back in the day. The only reason I work with so many rappers is because I ended up at a hip hop studio after college. Don't get me wrong, some of my clients are great. I did a lot of growing as an engineer with them. Some of them have been working with me for five years or more, and won't go to anyone else. Some of them have gotten my mixes played on the radio. Those are the ones I will continue to work with- the ones who give a damn about the fact that I am a good engineer, and the rate I was charging them was incredibly lenient, and respect the fact that even though engineers and clients have a buddy-buddy relationship, and sessions sometimes have a party atmosphere, I still had a business to run. These are typically also the clients who give me tracked out beats to mix, and actually have some sustenance to their songs. I can even find elements of their music that I enjoy. But the majority of the people I have worked with just want me to basically record glorified karaoke for them. And in the end, it sounds horrible, because there ain't shit I can do to an overly compressed, clipping two mix. On top of that, they always give me bullshit about paying for studio time, and also book time and cancel without letting me know. I am just tired of the mixtape scene, and it's time to do something different-something I would enjoy a little more.

I am great at mixing rap. I should be, after five years of doing mostly that. But I am also great at mixing metal, because I know how it is supposed to sound, and I know how to get it to sound that way. Not to mention I have a passion for metal, and I am able to put my heart into such a project. Let me tell you, when I was working with Dale and Justin, it was long hours, and I barely slept until the album was finished. But it was a breath of fresh air for me. Not only was it music I would listen to on my own (And I do! All the time!) but Dale and Justin were incredibly respectful of my work, and were an absolute joy to work with.

It's like this: if you love Skittles, and all you eat are Skittles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day for five years, eventually you're going to get sick of them. Even if you try different flavors of Skittles, original one day, tropical the next, sour the day after, and so forth, you eventually find that you've eaten so many Skittles that you regurgitate them every time you eat them. And then, you eat what you have regurgitated. And that's no good, because eventually you lose your like of candy all together. And that is what happened to me. It's time to switch to a different candy.

Did any of this make sense?.....
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:04 am

I understand what you're saying, hush. you wanted to do something different on your recording label. just like I wanted to do something different with the music that I play which lead me to form my side-project temptation's wings in late 2007. just to let you know, it's always okay to do things a little different and enjoy doing what you do best. never let anybody judge you for that.
Back to top Go down
Hush

Hush

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 4:14 pm

Crystalman85 wrote:
I understand what you're saying, hush. you wanted to do something different on your recording label. just like I wanted to do something different with the music that I play which lead me to form my side-project temptation's wings in late 2007. just to let you know, it's always okay to do things a little different and enjoy doing what you do best. never let anybody judge you for that.

Thanks, man!! I appreciate your encouragement. Even though change is often impulsive and scary as hell, I really am excited about what lies ahead. cheers
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:40 pm

Anytime, hush. I'm looking for the what lies ahead with my main gig I.A.M.B and my side-project temptation's wing.
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm

Update...I've recently posted new songs on my band's myspace website. feel free to check it out. for those who forgot , here's my band's myspace website.

Temptation's wings

www.myspace.com/twchicago
Back to top Go down
Beebaboo

Beebaboo

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 3:24 pm

The reason I've been missing for so long...

I'VE BEEN KICKING ASS

Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 13357_1231564989398_1237332704_30813447_552529_n

Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 13357_1231553069100_1237332704_30813350_390169_n

Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 15334_1298151777537_1342661255_855991_6481738_n

Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 13357_1231602430334_1237332704_30813831_5375697_n

Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 15334_1292479195726_1342661255_841125_5205436_n

Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 13357_1227397885223_1237332704_30804574_3722751_n

Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 13938_187138376403_503826403_3044153_1558552_n

Oh, and as of last Sunday, I have short hair.

Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 13938_197399846403_503826403_3090341_1155250_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facehttps://www.facebook.com/Beebaboo?ref=profile
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:25 pm

Ok yes you can kick all of our asses (except for Justin)... but i dont think any of us wanted to see you shirtless. Congrats on buffing up though. Maybe you can be SoB-Security one day.
Back to top Go down
Hush

Hush

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:59 pm

The Matt Wolf wrote:
Ok yes you can kick all of our asses (except for Justin)... but i dont think any of us wanted to see you shirtless. Congrats on buffing up though. Maybe you can be SoB-Security one day.

True that! I have always been attracted to tall skinny guys with long hair.
Back to top Go down
Beebaboo

Beebaboo

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm

The Matt Wolf wrote:

Haha, the only picture of my new haircut was the shirtless guido-themed picture, so you'll all have to suffer with my shirtlessness. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facehttps://www.facebook.com/Beebaboo?ref=profile
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:58 pm

It's a shame you don't have access to a camera. Gotta travel to the big city to get one of those fancy photo things taken...

Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 Old%20camera

Oh wait there's a camera on your cell phone! Send that picture to all the girls in your high school, and have them send you (and Ric) some of them...
Back to top Go down
Hush

Hush

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:22 pm

My band, NO 55, will be playing our first show. It's gonna be the last week in January, in Joliet. Horray, I'm almost a rock star!!!!!

Headbang
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:55 am

Hush wrote:
My band, NO 55, will be playing our first show. It's gonna be the last week in January, in Joliet. Horray, I'm almost a rock star!!!!!

Headbang

Awesome!...does your band have a myspace website?
Back to top Go down
Hush

Hush

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 7:01 am

No myspace or website yet. We have been jamming for years, and just kinda did it for fun, you know? We never really promoted ourselves before. But after the show, I'm going to start tracking some of our songs to put up on my engineering myspace page. I'm just excited to finally play for an audience at this point!!
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:17 am

That's cool. the bands that I play in all have myspace websites. especially my side-project temptation's wings. I haven't gigged with this band yet mainly because it's really a home project of mine. but if people request that I should play live with this band, I'll work something out.
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:08 am

Hush wrote:

Headbang

Make sure to email me with the details and I'll send it out in an email to everyone and try to have it included in a podcast (lemme check with Dale and J first though)
Back to top Go down
Hush

Hush

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Nice! Thanks, Matt Wolf!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:40 am

I got the Temptations Wings CD at Nitecap and its pretty cool. I really like your voice on that cover song. The other two were good as well. Nice job Alex!
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:57 pm

Thanks for the compliment, matt. I also gave the demo cd to dale and justin. they said some cool things about it. It might interest you to know that I'm currently working on a temptation's wings album. so far I've recorded 7 songs and I'm planning on recording more. it'll be released real soon.
Back to top Go down
Kevin WK

Kevin WK

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 11:36 pm

The Next Power Junkie show is NOW!!!!!!! or jan 29th...
Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 Power_10
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/kevinWK
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:12 pm

Chicago city limits has bacon and cheese fries called SoB Fries. They are amazingly good. I look forward to going to the show to eat those!

Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 Img3485
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:40 pm

I remember I gigged at chicago city limits one time. I did a show there with a kiss tribute band called kings of the night time world. it was a fun show. by the way, that's a pretty cool picture of something beautiful. dale looks like he's about to say "These fries are metal". I take it that SoB fries is SoB approved.
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:49 pm

SoB approved and eaten!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Promotion!   Shameless Promotion! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shameless Promotion!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next