SoB Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offical Something Beautiful forum. Discuss whatever it is that you want to discuss!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Wrestler

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Furious Ric

Furious Ric

The Wrestler Empty
PostSubject: The Wrestler   The Wrestler I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:30 am

I just finished watching The Wrestler, and it was amazing. Mickey Rourke definitely deserved that Golden Globe he just won. If you get a chance to see it, you won't be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

The Wrestler Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wrestler   The Wrestler I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 5:04 pm

I watched it this morning and I agree that it was really a good movie. It even seemed very accurate to the point where I found myself thinking a few times that it could have been a documentary almost or a life story.
Back to top Go down
Furious Ric

Furious Ric

The Wrestler Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wrestler   The Wrestler I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:00 pm

The Matt Wolf wrote:
I watched it this morning and I agree that it was really a good movie. It even seemed very accurate to the point where I found myself thinking a few times that it could have been a documentary almost or a life story.

A friend of mine said he had heard the movie compared to the life of Bret Hart. I'm not sure though. Bret never really hit rock bottom like Mickey Rourke's character did, but he did have a rough life during the past decade or so.
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

The Wrestler Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wrestler   The Wrestler I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:28 pm

Only comparison I see to Bret Hart is, Bret had a stroke a few years back and "Ram" had a heart attack...

Other than that, I see very few similarities.
Back to top Go down
Furious Ric

Furious Ric

The Wrestler Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wrestler   The Wrestler I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:39 pm

The Matt Wolf wrote:
Only comparison I see to Bret Hart is, Bret had a stroke a few years back and "Ram" had a heart attack...

Other than that, I see very few similarities.

Yeah, well in Brett's life he had a brother die, and then he left for WCW. Later his brother in law died, he had a stroke, his wife divorced him. Granted, he wasn't living in a trailer park in north Jersey but it wasn't all sunshine and roses.

Anyway, Marisa Tomei with pierced nipples is always a good thing.
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

The Wrestler Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wrestler   The Wrestler I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:00 am

Can't argue that!
Back to top Go down
specialed

The Wrestler Empty
PostSubject: what about the snake.   The Wrestler I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:27 pm

maybe it could even be Jake the Snake in some way shape or form
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Wrestler Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wrestler   The Wrestler I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wrestler
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SoB Forum :: Movies :: Movie Discussion-
Jump to: