SoB Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offical Something Beautiful forum. Discuss whatever it is that you want to discuss!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kiss COmeback???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

Kiss COmeback??? Empty
PostSubject: Kiss COmeback???   Kiss COmeback??? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:44 pm

Back to top Go down
FullMetalJustin
Admin
FullMetalJustin

Kiss COmeback??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss COmeback???   Kiss COmeback??? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 12:25 am

Not quite sure what to think of that! At least it is better than the idea where they all retire and just send a "tribute" band on the road to perform as KISS. That idea really sucks!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.denythepain.com
Beebaboo

Beebaboo

Kiss COmeback??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss COmeback???   Kiss COmeback??? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:53 am

Who would do that? Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facehttps://www.facebook.com/Beebaboo?ref=profile
FullMetalJustin
Admin
FullMetalJustin

Kiss COmeback??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss COmeback???   Kiss COmeback??? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 11:53 am

Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley would make a bunch more money doing just that. The thing that is really sad is the people that will pay $100 for a ticket to see a crappy tribute act. People all over the world are paying to see the Australian Pink Floyd Show. I want to see the real act perform their songs, not somebody else. I am OK with band doing covers like when Dream Theater covered all of Master of Puppets, because Dream Theater do their own material most of the time. Tribute acts just sucks anyway.
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

Kiss COmeback??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss COmeback???   Kiss COmeback??? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:06 pm

For them financially its a great idea though to have that tribute band take over. they do all the work, while the real Kiss stay at home washing their tights!
Back to top Go down
SoBDale

SoBDale

Kiss COmeback??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss COmeback???   Kiss COmeback??? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 1:33 pm

If they're seriously committed to doing a 70's style studio record, i'd be all about it. I can own up to the fact that the 80's were not a good decade for KISS and neither was most of the nineties.

Big pet peeve of mine - Old guys trying to write like young guys. If you want to hear a KISS example, go listen to Psycho Circus, or maybe Unholy off of Revenge. Blue Oyster Cult had "See You In Black", which has good ideas, but some lame lyrics, though overall I like the song, I can intellectualize that the song actually blows.

The problem occurs when you write what you think somebody wants to hear when you're in the middle of writing something that would be just about right if you just let the music write itself. The end product sounds insincere, and if you're going for heavy, it just wont be.

As far as KISStory goes, you can listen to the first nine albums, not counting the Alive's and hear authentic american rock music. Heavy in it's own ways, not in ways that the ear has been trained to hear heaviness, but in ways that, say, Dimebag Darrell could hear, and appreciate, and take inspiration from. Once you get to Music from the Elder - though I love the record, It departs from the earlier album by getting a little more high-minded than it should have. I Love It Loud from Creatures was probably one of the last genuine-sounding songs they wrote before Revenge.

God, I hope they don't overproduce the drums like they sarted to when Eric Singer joined the band...

Anyway, I'd REALLY like it if they wrote a record in the spirit of Hotter than Hell, or Dressed to Kill. Straightforward rock music, sung in platform boots. That's KISS.
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

Kiss COmeback??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss COmeback???   Kiss COmeback??? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:43 am

Iconic Kiss bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons Gene has discussed the process of making the new Kiss album with Pagina12 in a recent interview.

An excerpt from the chat reads as follows:

"We are making a new album produced by Paul Stanley Paul , because I do not have the patience to get into a studio and stay there for six months.

"Who better than Paul Paul for that? The idea is to make the record quickly, like we did at the time of Destroyer, Rock And Roll Over and Love Gun. But we must be prepared, so we are now working on songs when we have time.

"Maybe in March we will go in a studio and recorded two or three songs.

"The idea is to work well, little by little, we can not spend too much time in the studio, it has to be fast."
Back to top Go down
IAMB_JOHNNY

IAMB_JOHNNY

Kiss COmeback??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss COmeback???   Kiss COmeback??? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 9:38 pm

They need to record another REVENGE!!! That has to be hands down the best non-makeup Kiss album ever!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/amusicchicago
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

Kiss COmeback??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss COmeback???   Kiss COmeback??? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:45 am

Kiss guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley was a guest on the "Happy Hour" show this afternoon (Thursday, February 26) on the Fox Business network. During the segment, which can be viewed here, Stanley confirmed to that he, Gene Simmons and the rest of Kiss will enter the studio next week to grind out a new record for release this fall. "It's a Kiss album in the most true and classic sense — we're recording it in analog, not digital, and writing it ourselves," Stanley recently said.
Back to top Go down
Beebaboo

Beebaboo

Kiss COmeback??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss COmeback???   Kiss COmeback??? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:55 am

Wow, there aren't a lot of bands still recording in analog these days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facehttps://www.facebook.com/Beebaboo?ref=profile
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

Kiss COmeback??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss COmeback???   Kiss COmeback??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 1:50 pm

Kiss guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley was guest on today's (Tuesday, May 12) edition of "John DeBella Show" on Philadelphia's classic rock station 102.9 WMGK. During the interview, Stanley revealed that the new Kiss album is almost finished and will come out in September. Paul once again said that it sounds like a typical '70s Kiss LP and he said that Kiss will promote the new CD with a new tour that will feature the biggest show they have ever done.

Kiss' upcoming U.S. and Canadian tour will be the world's first to put fans in charge of where their favorite artist plays. By partnering with Eventful, the leading social media company for events, fans will "Demand" where Kiss will perform on their latest trek across the top-voted North American markets beginning this September. No matter where the fans say — from stadiums to cornfields — if there are enough votes, Kiss will be there! And in order to keep the competition fair for smaller cities, final site selection will weigh population size versus total votes. Fans across the U.S. and Canada can cast their votes at www.eventful.com/Kiss to have their town included on the Kiss 2009 North American tour. Fans are able to vote, and check the tally of what cities are in the lead, 24/7 across the web at the previous sites; as well as on Kiss' MySpace and Facebook, Ticketmaster's Kiss page, VH1Classic.com, and many more.

Paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kiss COmeback??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss COmeback???   Kiss COmeback??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kiss COmeback???
Page 1 of 1