SoB Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offical Something Beautiful forum. Discuss whatever it is that you want to discuss!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Justin gets his wish!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Furious Ric

Furious Ric

Justin gets his wish! Empty
PostSubject: Justin gets his wish!   Justin gets his wish! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:21 pm

The guy from White Lion is out, and Jr. is back...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=134737

MEGADETH founder and frontman Dave Mustaine has announced the return of original bassist David Ellefson (1983-2002) to the iconic multi-platinum group. This reunion is appropriately timed to MEGADETH's upcoming historic month-long "Rust In Peace" 20th anniversary tour which launches March 1 in Spokane, WA. At these incredibly special shows, MEGADETH will play their landmark, genre-defining 1990 album "Rust In Peace" in its entirety, in addition to other MEGADETH favorites.

"This shows the power of brotherly love and forgiveness," Mustaine says. "David Ellefson belongs in MEGADETH. Next we are going to show you the power of getting your asses kicked...HARD!"

David Ellefson concurs: "This is a huge moment for all of us, band and fans alike. It is a great celebration of the music from one of the biggest landmark albums of our career."

Ellefson will join Mustaine and MEGADETH band members Shawn Drover (drums) and Chris Broderick (guitar) on tour in support of the group's current CD, "Endgame", which has received some of the highest critical accolades of the band's career.

"We'd like to thank James Lomenzo for several years of loyal service on the bass, and wish him the very best," Mustaine adds.
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Justin gets his wish!   Justin gets his wish! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:04 pm

Oh man now we gotta go!
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

PostSubject: Re: Justin gets his wish!   Justin gets his wish! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:40 am

Wow...david ellefson is back with megadeth. that's cool. they must be embarking on an awesome tour sometime soon. david ellefson and james lomenzo are both awesome bass players, but it's great to hear that david's back with megadeth.
Back to top Go down
FullMetalJustin
Admin
FullMetalJustin

PostSubject: Re: Justin gets his wish!   Justin gets his wish! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:29 am

James Homenzo is a PUSSY!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.denythepain.com
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Justin gets his wish!   Justin gets his wish! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:54 am

David Ellefson has exclusively told Classic Rock about the motivations behind his return to Megadeth, after an eight-year absence.

"It literally happened over the weekend,” says the delighted bassist. "And I can hardly believe it myself. There was clearly gonna be a change in the line-up, because James Lomenzo was leaving. Dave (Mustaine) and I talked on the phone, and all the feuds, all the arguments we’ve been having over the years just melted away. It just goes to show what direct contact can achieve!"

According to Ellefson, it was drummer Shawn Drover who instigated the whole thing.

"If you ever need a guy in a band to watch your back, then this is the man. Obviously, I have no clue what happened within the band. But I got a text from Shawn and it just said: 'If ever there was a time for you and Dave to talk, now is it.' It’s one of those messages you act on immediately. Typically of Megadeth, things then happened big and fast.

"In all honesty, talking to Dave again was wonderful. It was the right thing at the right time, done in the right spirit."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Justin gets his wish!   Justin gets his wish! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Justin gets his wish!
Page 1 of 1