SoB Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offical Something Beautiful forum. Discuss whatever it is that you want to discuss!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bugera 6262 $549.99

Go down 
AuthorMessage
IAMB_JOHNNY

IAMB_JOHNNY

Bugera 6262 $549.99 Empty
PostSubject: Bugera 6262 $549.99   Bugera 6262 $549.99 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:51 pm

In case you were wondering if the Bugera series of amps are crap... they are NOT!!!

I was eyeballing a Peavy 6505+ and tried it out at GC. Kick ass sound with a resonance knob that adds chunky-ness and low end. The clean channel was a little muddy.

I soon after found out that Bugera made a knock off version called the 6262 at 1/3 the cost. So I ordered it and it came last thursday.

I had to work from 9AM (Thursday) to 6AM (Friday) on a project that has been the bane of my existence!!! So needless to say I didn't get to try it out Thursday night. Friday afternoon, however, was d-day. Unfortunately, there was a crack in one of the preamp tubes and as soon as I kicked it on the tube exploded. I had a show that night and didn't have time to pick up another tube.

Sunday... went down to GC and picked up 2 tubes (always keep a spare on ya!) popped it in and kicked it on again. OMG!!! The 6262 doesn't sound exactly like the 6505+ but more like a Marshall JMC900. I was getting tone that was very similar to Zakk's rig. The clean channel totally blows the 6505+ out of the water. Super clean and crisp! The lead channel has a nice tight low end. (no real need for the resonance knob) Another nice feature is that the lead and clean channels have independent reverb knobs and the reverb can be turned off and on via the foot switch.

The power on it is insane! I could only turn it up to about 2 and it was already blaring! The natural compression of the tubes is kick ass. You can let that puppy ring for days!!! Another nice feature is that it has a ohm selector so you can match it up perfectly with your cab (4-8-16).

Bottom line: You want a good inexpensive all tube amp. Buy the Bugera 6262! (And some extra tubes incase they explode) It's so cheap I'm thinking I'm gonna pick another one to replace my Line 6 Spider III at the Power Junkie spot.

I'll see if I can get some sound clips together for you guys to check out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/amusicchicago

Bugera 6262 $549.99
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SoB Forum :: Music :: Music Discussion-
Jump to: