SoB Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offical Something Beautiful forum. Discuss whatever it is that you want to discuss!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Randall amplifiers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Crystalman85

Randall amplifiers Empty
PostSubject: Randall amplifiers   Randall amplifiers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:20 am

For all you guitar players out there, what are your thoughts on randall amplifiers?...personally, I think they sound awesome. I've tried out one of their combo amps at a sam ash and they got a pretty cool sound. there is one reason why I'm interested in those amps. dimebag darrell. he is definitely one of metal's most inspirational guitarist and he is known for using randall amplifiers. anywho, I was thinking about purchasing their combo amps for my guitar.

what do you guys think of these amps?
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

Randall amplifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randall amplifiers   Randall amplifiers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:29 am

I've never played on one before, but I dont think I ever heard anyone complain about it either. I used to have a Mesa Boogie which I loved but I sold it to Joe Ciway who sold it to Dale... at least it has a good home.

Now I'm using a Roland MicroCube. If you need a good practice amp get this thing!
Back to top Go down
Hush

Hush

Randall amplifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randall amplifiers   Randall amplifiers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:50 pm

I don't know about Randall, but my husband just bought a Line One, and just loves it! For the price, it's not too bad. It has a pedal available, with a lot of presets that actually sound good. Usually presets sound like ass to me!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/nikihush
FullMetalJustin
Admin
FullMetalJustin

Randall amplifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randall amplifiers   Randall amplifiers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:23 pm

Line One??? Do you mean Line 6?
Back to top Go down
http://www.denythepain.com
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

Randall amplifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randall amplifiers   Randall amplifiers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:17 am

Haha its a vintage Line6... Line one... with 1 onboard effect!
Back to top Go down
Hush

Hush

Randall amplifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randall amplifiers   Randall amplifiers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:20 pm

Hahaha! Yeah, I DID mean Line 6. I must have been thinking about Reverb One when I wrote that. I'm tired...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/nikihush
Crystalman85

Randall amplifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randall amplifiers   Randall amplifiers I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:23 pm

Okay, so I take it that no one here has try out those amps. just to let you know, randall makes awesome sounding amps. it even sounds killer when I was testing out their amps with an ibanez 7-string guitar. since you guys mention line 6, my brother owns a line 6 amp. it's got a pretty cool sound. for all of you bass players out there, it might interest you to know that randall has design a line of bass amps called the rb series. I've posted a thread about this on the music section on this site. feel free to check it out.
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

Randall amplifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randall amplifiers   Randall amplifiers I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 3:37 pm

Cool.

I may have to make a run to guitar center and try out that Randall. Some amps don't handle the 7-string too well.
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

Randall amplifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randall amplifiers   Randall amplifiers I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:03 am

The Matt Wolf wrote:
Cool.

I may have to make a run to guitar center and try out that Randall. Some amps don't handle the 7-string too well.

You're gonna have to go to sam ash if you want to try out those amps. guitar center use to carry them at one point. for some reason, they don't carry them anymore. I do know that sam ash carried randall amps. it's the same music store that carries hartke amps(which is one of the bass amps I enjoy trying out). another music store I know that carried randall amps is a place called "we are music". it's located on irving park road.
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

Randall amplifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randall amplifiers   Randall amplifiers I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:59 am

Dale, Meatshield, Joe Ciway and I used to work at We Are Music
Back to top Go down
FullMetalJustin
Admin
FullMetalJustin

Randall amplifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randall amplifiers   Randall amplifiers I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:42 pm

Hartke = ewwww!!!!

Randall amps are alright, but they make cheap ass cabinets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.denythepain.com
Crystalman85

Randall amplifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randall amplifiers   Randall amplifiers I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:10 pm

The Matt Wolf wrote:
Dale, Meatshield, Joe Ciway and I used to work at We Are Music

Really?...dale use to work at we are music? I never knew that.
Back to top Go down
Crystalman85

Randall amplifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randall amplifiers   Randall amplifiers I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:20 pm

FullMetalJustin wrote:
Hartke = ewwww!!!!

Randall amps are alright, but they make cheap ass cabinets.

I take it that you don't like hartke amps. I thought that they make pretty good amps. I've also tried out acoustic bass combos at a guitar center. they actually got a pretty cool sound. I can see why everyone at talkbass and dean forum are praising about these amps. they really dig the bass-heavy sound these amps delivered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Randall amplifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randall amplifiers   Randall amplifiers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Randall amplifiers
Page 1 of 1