SoB Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offical Something Beautiful forum. Discuss whatever it is that you want to discuss!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Furious Ric

Furious Ric

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... Empty
PostSubject: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:18 pm

Metallica gets in on their first try. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
FullMetalJustin
Admin
FullMetalJustin

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:22 pm

Yup, they probably will get on their first try.
Back to top Go down
http://www.denythepain.com
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:26 pm

Regardless of how their music is now, their impact on metal music is huge.

They are one of the first bands mentioned in people's influences... Usually after Black Sabbath and Priest.

I think they do deserve it, and I'm happy they got in.
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:28 pm

BTW I moved this to the Music Discussion Thread.
Back to top Go down
Furious Ric

Furious Ric

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:51 pm

FullMetalJustin wrote:
Yup, they probably will get on their first try.

They did. It was announced like yesterday or the day before. Just wondering what people think about it. It took for-fucking-ever for Sabbath to get in. I don't think Maiden or Priest are in. With the exception of Sabbath and Maiden I don't think there are any metal bands that are more "influential" than Metallica.

God, I want to go to the induction ceremony so bad. They said they put out an invite to Jason, but a while back James said they wouldn't put one out to Dave since he never actually played on any of the Metallica albums.
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:53 pm

I wonder if Bob Rock will be there...
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:03 pm

Metallica's former bassist Jason Newsted will reportedly join Metallica on stage when the veteran rock band is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next month.

The band, who will be inducted by Red Hot Chili Peppers' bassist Flea, said that they were inspired to reunite with their estranged bassist, who left the band in 2001, largely due to awkwardness they witnessed when Blondie were inducted in 2006.

"Jason Newsted will be there, and he will be playing with us at one point," guitarist Kirk Hammett said. "We went as a band when Black Sabbath was being inducted, and at that time Blondie was also being inducted that night. And there was so many politics and so much drama that, you know, we collectively said to each other, 'We don't want any of that,' because it kind of, it puts a really bad, sour note on the whole celebration itself."

The band are also expected to perform at the ceremony, which takes place in Cleveland on April 4, reports Blabbermouth. Metallica's current bassist, Robert Trujillo, is also expected to attend the ceremony.
Back to top Go down
Furious Ric

Furious Ric

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 2:04 pm

The Matt Wolf wrote:
Metallica's former bassist Jason Newsted will reportedly join Metallica on stage when the veteran rock band is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next month.

The band, who will be inducted by Red Hot Chili Peppers' bassist Flea, said that they were inspired to reunite with their estranged bassist, who left the band in 2001, largely due to awkwardness they witnessed when Blondie were inducted in 2006.

"Jason Newsted will be there, and he will be playing with us at one point," guitarist Kirk Hammett said. "We went as a band when Black Sabbath was being inducted, and at that time Blondie was also being inducted that night. And there was so many politics and so much drama that, you know, we collectively said to each other, 'We don't want any of that,' because it kind of, it puts a really bad, sour note on the whole celebration itself."

The band are also expected to perform at the ceremony, which takes place in Cleveland on April 4, reports Blabbermouth. Metallica's current bassist, Robert Trujillo, is also expected to attend the ceremony.

It's cool that Jason is going to be there, but I still think Hetfield is being a dick by excluding Dave Mustaine. His argument is that you're eligible for induction 25 years after your first album, not 25 years after you first formed, and Dave never appeared on any of the albums. However, his riffs still appeared on Metallica albums long after he was booted from the band. Who the fuck wouldn't want to see Dave Mustaine up there with Metallica jamming on "Hit The Lights?"
Back to top Go down
FullMetalJustin
Admin
FullMetalJustin

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 2:23 pm

I'd love to see them do "Mechanix" and "The Four Horsemen" at the same time!
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 2:25 pm

Mechanix would end like a minute before 4 horsemen. Its much faster... meaning better.. unfortunately the lyrics to mechanix suck.

Kind of upset also that Four Horsemen isn't in Guitar hero!
Back to top Go down
FullMetalJustin
Admin
FullMetalJustin

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 2:26 pm

they would obviously have to compromise on the tempo.
Back to top Go down
Furious Ric

Furious Ric

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:06 pm

FullMetalJustin wrote:
they would obviously have to compromise on the tempo.

They could just sing the lyrics of Horsemen over an instrumental of Mechanix.

lol!
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:10 pm

James wouldnt go for that. The tempo would be too fast for him to add his Ooooooo's and Yeah!'s
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:04 am

Video Link

Video for Broken Beaten and Scarred.

Post your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:06 am

I liked it. Good ole live footage video! Can't go wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
Furious Ric

Furious Ric

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:08 am

It was a cool video. Really showed you what it was like at the shows on that tour with the flames and big black balls flying around...hitting you in the face. I thought it was cool that they used a live recording for the audio instead of just the song off of the album.

They could easily make another video for the album by using Guitar Hero Metallica footage. Then we can watch Asian James not actually playing his guitar for half of the song, but sound somehow still coming out.
Back to top Go down
FullMetalJustin
Admin
FullMetalJustin

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:53 am

I concur. It was a really good video. I read a post complaining about James' singing but it sounded like James to me.
Back to top Go down
Furious Ric

Furious Ric

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:51 pm

FullMetalJustin wrote:
I concur. It was a really good video. I read a post complaining about James' singing but it sounded like James to me.

It sounds like him, but you can tell they did some touching up of the vocals in production. Nothing too dramatic though.
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:29 am

As previously reported, the Metallica guest list for the April 4 induction includes staffers from the band's previous labels, Megaforce and Elektra, journalists and photographers who have been supportive over the group's career, producers and musician friends.

It was also reported that Dave Mustaine would not be able to attend. However, what wasn't reported [here] are some vital details that Metallica Blog Magnetic reported: that Dave Mustaine will not be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with the rest of the band, including all three bassists. Perhaps it goes without saying, but Jason Newsted cleared things up.

"There's three bass players getting inducted, and James, Lars and Kirk," former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted said. Former guitarist Dave Mustaine will not be inducted. "Its not my decision. I have nothing to do with that. It was decided by the band, and I think it was just a hard-and-fast rule… anyone who has recorded on any Metallica recordings that have been released to the public as an official release were invited to the induction. So, that's kind of that."

Ray Burton, father of Cliff Burton, who was Metallica's bassist from 1982 until his death in 1986, will accept on behalf of his son.

That excludes Ron McGovney from the three bassists as well, for those who were counting.

Newsted plans to perform with Metallica during the ceremony. For the first time in nine years, "the Black Album band will be back together and mow the shit down," as Jason Newsted puts it.

"I talked to Lars, and it's all good," Jason Newsted said. "I was happy to hear from him. I hadn't talked to him for a long time, so it was nice to hear his voice. It was basically as if no time had passed, as far as the conversation went. We picked up right where we left off. It was just absolutely positive. It was like, there we were, getting ready to get a beer some place. And Lars is ready to rock. He sounded like a kid again talking about the induction, and I felt pretty much like that, too. Getting fired up to rock after that many years… it's pretty special."
Back to top Go down
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Beebaboo

Beebaboo

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:46 pm

It was absolutely touching to see James and Lars hug like brothers. Also, Jason still kicks ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facehttps://www.facebook.com/Beebaboo?ref=profile
The Matt Wolf
The Matt Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:12 am

It was really cool!

Master of Puppets was really loaded with Bass!!! It was great to see Jason back with he band. They rarely showed him though, unless it was during a backup vocals part. It did look like they still treated him as an outcast.

Robert is a great bass player, but Jason fits in so much better and I love his backup vocals.
Back to top Go down
Furious Ric

Furious Ric

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:37 pm

They should have played something off of Justice because then we could have heard a song with 200% less bass.

It was weird seeing them play in suits. Was Kirk wearing a tuxedo?

During the songs it did look like Jason was basically an afterthought, but during the speeches he seemed to be more important that Robert. Granted, Jason was in the band for 17 years, but Robert is the guy who's currently in the band.

Overall I dug it and wish I had been there. Oh well, I'll just have to wait until September to see them in Indianapolis.
Back to top Go down
Beebaboo

Beebaboo

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:50 pm

Lars Ulrich looked like my Dad when he was playing the drums in those nice clothes (my dad's a pianist though).
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facehttps://www.facebook.com/Beebaboo?ref=profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...   Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SoB Forum :: Music :: Music Discussion-
Jump to: